- Appearance: Tall, brown shirt and pants, Soviet Army cap, wearing sunglasses
- Appears in: Army Wars: Red Tide
- Birth: 1953, San Francisco, California, United States of America
- Rank: General
- Affiliation: Spetznaz, Soviet Army (currently), United States Army (formerly)
- Nationality: American (formerly), Russian (currently)
- Sex: Male
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Unknown (He wears sunglasses a lot of times)
- Weapon: AK-47 assault rifle or AK-74 assault rifle, CZ 75 semi-auntomatic pistol, and any other weapon at his disposal
- Equipment: Frag grenades, etc.
- Voice Actor: Unknown
Pre-World War III Life Edit
Johnny was born in the city of San Francisco, California, in the spring of 1953, the year the Korean War came to an end. His grandfather was a lieutenant in the U.S. Marine Corps during World War II's Pacific Front, and the Korean War. And his father was a captain in the Army during the Vietnam War, where he got killed in action. When he heard of his father's death in 1968, he was heartbroken, along with his family. After his 20th birthday, in 1973, he decided to join the Army to follow his father's steps, to make him proud. But, he knew that he should not get revenge on the communists for killing his father. By the 1980's, he was promoted to Captain. Then, in 1983, something horrible happened. When he was in a civilian plane, with some of his soldiers under his command, they were found out by the Soviets. The Russians scrambled some Soviet Air Force MiG-29 fighter jets to shoot it down. After shot down, Toweler and his men tried to escape, but he was injured, shot in the right leg, and he couldn't move. His surviving men had no other choice but to leave him behind. They thought he wasn't gonna make it. But, after they escaped, Johnny was upset that they left him, and thought he was going to be killed. But, the Soviets had plans for him. They took him to a military reseach facility in the frigid mountains of Siberia, in Russia. There, he was brainwashed, and began serving under the Soviet Army's own purpose. And the government gave him a new identity, General Vladimir Blastro. Since then, he had been waiting for the day to strike against his former soldiers in the U.S. Army. He wanted revenge on them for leaving him to die, and he had been growing hatred for them ever since.
Preparing to Strike Edit
It was 1987, when the world began to fear that the Soviet Union would invade Western Europe, and start World War III. Even those in the Soviet Union didn't want to go to war, but they know they don't have any other choices. General Vladimir Blastro, who has been hungry for revenge, didn't care about peace. He wanted to start the war against the United States, his former home country, for forgetting about him and abandoning him in '83. Will this Blastro get his revenge on his former comrades? Or will he realize what he has been thinking and what he's about to do to his own people? We'll find out soon.
Vladimir Blastro does not care about the era of peace and justice around the world. He is cold-hearted, cruel, merciless, and ruthless. He will stop at nothing to destroy all enemies who stand in his way.
- Blastro resembles to some cartoon show and video game characters. He resembles to Duncan, a mean-spirited bullish contestant from the cartoon show, Total Drama. He also resembles to General Plastro, the ruthless dictator of the Tan Nation in the video game series, Army Men. He has the same behavior of the fictional Russian terrorist and Ultranationalist leader, Vladimir Makarov, who appeared as an antagonist of the video games, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
- His name resembles to Cuban dictator, Fidel Castro.